Sunday, July 12, 2020

Life after death part 1

Discussing about religion and God is never gonna be a light topic. It's just like this afternoon, when my friend in lab, asked me about what do I believe in Islam. It was a very interesting talk, and maybe she became curious after one day I allowed her to join me to go to prayer room in our campus. No, I do not intend to ask or encourage her into Islam. She just bored and had nothing to do in the afternoon, so I offered her to join me walking to the prayer room. And days after that, we began this conversation (it is not exactly what we talk but the points are the same).

She: You know, in my previous lab where I do so much work with the mice, I sometime think I was like a God.
Me: Eh? Why do you think that way?
She: Because their lives are in my hand. They live in a cage, I can kill them, let them mate, or breed and even change or modify their genetics. But you know, then I think that, what if it turns out that I am the real mice in a cage? Like what if something bigger outside rules me in all the way I live?
Me: Ah, actually it was exactly what I think about God, something very big who creates, owns, and rules the world.
She: Ah yes i was just curious what do you think about death? What will happen after death?
Me: I believe, as it stated in my religion, that there will be a different world after death. And we all will face a judgement day which will determine whether we are going to live in hell or heaven forever. We all going to be judged, and God will show us all of our bad and good habits when we were alive. We cannot run from that just like we cannot run from the death.

Obviously, mine was different from her thought. She was borned and raised in a very open minded family but the majority of her family are Buddhist. She are now in a neutral level, not lean to such believe or religion, but she nows some of Buddhism  She thinks that our existance, is very insignificant to this whole world, and we just happen in that way, just die and everything stops. It also different from Buddhism value which talk about reincarnation, that our life today is affected by our previous life, and also will affect our next life. She first think that maybe Muslim's and Buddhism's thought about death is the same, but I told her that we don't have 'reincarnation'. We only live once, and it was the only opportunity of us to do good, because so many people who already died, begged to God to get one more chance. But it's too late. Once you died, you will never be able to change what you have done.

to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment